Duranet supplies construction safety nets to be used around the Cathedral of Our Lady in Antwerp
The restoration works on the Cathedral of Our Lady in Antwerp began at the start of this year. For a two-year period, the stone walls, the mortar joints and the sculptures will be cleaned and restored if required. The weather vane and clocks will be temporarily disassembled and restored to their former glory in a workshop.
To ensure safety during the renovation, Duranet has supplied construction safety nets with a mesh size of 45mm that have been suspended between the cathedral and the surrounding houses. The nets protect workers from falling but also let through plenty of light so that nuisance for passers-by as well as local bars and restaurants is minimised. This way tourists continue to have a virtually uninterrupted view of the cathedral’s bell tower.
The nets have been installed by a professional company with ample experience in this field.
Share this article
- Extension of the barrier netting range by Olivier Beersmans on 19/02/2020
- Duranet supplies construction safety nets to be used around the Cathedral of Our Lady in Antwerp by Olivier Beersmans on 29/10/2019
- Playground nets Hangtime in Ostend by Maya Jonckheere on 28/08/2019
- The effect of solar radiation on plastic nets and tarpaulins by Ewout Verkempinck on 09/07/2019
- New insect protection net for organic horticulture by Olivier Beersmans on 07/06/2019
- Mandatory annual inspection of construction safety nets by Olivier Beersmans on 14/03/2019
- Duranet present at Biennale Interieur by Rik Vernack on 26/11/2018
- New in our product range: fibreglass reinforcement mesh by Patrick Van Haecke on 23/05/2018
- Discover the new 2018 Duranet catalogues! by Maya Jonckheere on 11/04/2018
- Duranet website also available in English by Olivier Beersmans on 22/03/2018
- Mandatory annual inspection of construction safety nets by Safety Nets on 27/04/2020
- Discover the new 2018 Duranet catalogues! by Helen on 06/11/2018